[CAUT] Press vs Stab voicing (was Re: The Importance of "Subject:")

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Sat Jun 12 16:05:25 MDT 2010

I saw a class where the instructor used a dremil for hard felt. Hmmm...
I've squeezed, drilled, steamed and juiced. I say, whatever works, do that!

Jim Busby

David Love wrote:
> In these situations forgo the rule about no crown voicing and just deep
> needle all the way around the hammer including directly into the crown.

I have no such rule! <G> I tried a little of that, and not a
heck of a lot happened. I literally couldn't pound three
needles deeply into the hammers, and I wasn't really
interested in spending three times as long with one needle. It
was a Schafer & Sons, after all. Since I wasn't apparently
releasing much internal compression poking holes, I thought it
likely safer in that case to use the Vise-Grip.
Ron N