[CAUT] Press vs Stab voicing (was Re: The Importance of "Subject:")

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jun 12 15:13:16 MDT 2010

Jim Busby wrote:

> All this talk is speculative. I think
> it's more like a Mack truck running into a pile of jump
> ropes; some will be torn, some cut, some pushed aside, but
> who knows???

I don't know, or if speed really had an affect. If there's any
burr or flat spot on the needle tip, it'll break fibers at any
speed. How smooth are the needles at that scale?

Hey, it would be way cool if they could show us something
interesting, even if it just generates more questions. How
they gonna get pictures inside the hammer with the surrounding
felt intact?

>If I get access to the electron micro guys
> I'll like some idieas. And it loooks good that they will
> help. (They owe me...)

A couple of shots of needle tips, next to felt fibers for
scale, for sure. After that - ????
Ron N