[CAUT] Pedal noise on DC3

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 19:11:35 MDT 2010

Hi Dennis,

I had a similar problem just a few weeks ago.  Dave Durben recommended that
I look at the pedal solenoid.  If there was dark dust around the felt
collar, it indicated that it should be cleaned, and lubricated, in addition
to calibrating it.  I took some 400 or 600 grit sandpaper to it and got it
all shiny again.  Squeak was gone and it moved much more feely.  Problem
solved.

If you have problems, talk to Yamaha and they will help you with it.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Bainbridge Island, WA

  _____