[CAUT] Corigliano

Charles K. Ball ckball at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 29 08:23:54 MDT 2010

Hi Zeno--

We performed that piece here about 8 years or so ago.  Corigliano came
and coached the two faculty members who performed.

At first I resisted tuning down one of our good Steinway D's, but it
turned out to be one of the most memorable performances around here
for some time.  The two faculty members are top notch.

It was not that difficult with an electronic tuning device, and did
not have the adverse effect upon string leveling/hammer mating that I
feared.  It took a total of no more than four hours up and down in
pitch at most.

Enjoy,
Charles

On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:03 AM, Zeno Wood wrote:

> Anyone here ever tune for two-piano music by Corigliano, involving
> tuning one piano down 1/4 step?  Any advice?
>
> Thanks,
> Zeno Wood
> Brooklyn College

Charles Ball, RPT