[CAUT] Retesting

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 12:12:58 MDT 2010

Two things about "mandatory" attendance requirements.

One, the instructor should not be saddled with signing off on who attended the class. As Dave just pointed out, many instructors answer questions after a class, and if he/she had to sign attendance papers, it would detract from that. That job should be left to class monitors.

Second, if attendance at certain classes will be required to maintain certification, it might become necessary to pre-schedule for the more popular classes. Or at most, the monitors would need to limit the number of people who come in the class, to make sure fire safety rules are not violated.

Just something to keep in mind.

Wim