[CAUT] Retesting

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Jul 28 10:19:00 MDT 2010

Hi,

We hardly have the resources in place to do the initial testing for RPT
status. When there is an exam center in every state and province perhaps
retesting might be possible.

Six months ago I had to have an operation on my left ear lobe to remove
some skin cancer. I was assured it would make "no difference" to my hearing.

Of course it did. It changed the resonate frequency of the left ear canal.
My tuning time went up by 50%. I could still hear but it was much harder work.

It has taken most of the six months for my brain to readjust to "hearing"
what I heard easily before. My tuning time has gradually returned to "normal".

I disagree that ETD's allow a conscientous tuner to loose their abilities.
I think that sort of statement is hogwash.

Does that mean I should have given up my RPT status and been retested?

We all develop deficits over time. Hopefully we also all continue to learn
more and become better each year we work.

mailto:pianotuna at yahoo.com	http://www.donrose.ca/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716