[CAUT] pushing pianos

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 23:06:36 MDT 2010

Hi David,

Alan'sdescription did leave considerable leeway for theimagination.    There still seems to be somethingdifferent between the "inordinately long distance" and moving apiano around on the stage or into a storage area.
Not sure where "inordinately" came from. Maybe I used it in a post that I cannot find now.  As I wrote in an earlier post, "By [a] 'long distance' I mean maybe a hundred yards or so (from one venue to another, on the same floor, through some doorways, withOUT turning it on it's side)."

But the crux of the matter is students being educated about how to do what, as Fred points out, they are inevitably going to be doing to some extent or other:  Pushing pianos.

Alan Eder