[CAUT] Steinway Broached Hanger History

Douglas E. Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 1 18:48:41 MDT 2010

This sounds right to me from working with the new ones through that time. I'd have to go see some pianos to confirm, which I'm not allowed to do for a few weeks yet.  But I'm pretty sure it was in the early '90's, not late '80's. And this one was likely a decision that, once implemented, went into the action department from one order of brackets to the next, rather that working its way through the various models. Of course, there's quite a time spread from the soldering of rails to when the finished product shows up in for serial numbers, so there is probably a 2-3 year spread in which both versions may occur.

Doug