[CAUT] Clean-up Prepared Piano

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Sun Feb 28 06:56:32 MST 2010

Hi-

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions.  The first thing I did though
was try and scrap it with a fingernail.  Nothing- very hard. That's when I
wanted to flip.  It's an excellent idea to try again taking everything off
possible dry before using chemicals.   I think I'll try a plastic knife.
 Good news is the piano faculty are completely behind my stand on it.  I
don't know what will happen yet, but they are talking about some sort of
compensation for damage. At the very least they need to be informed or will
simply do it again the next place they perform.

cheers,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College