[CAUT] Clean-up Prepared Piano

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Thu Feb 25 15:53:08 MST 2010

Hi-

...and please help.  Does anyone have a good suggestion for removing those
white painted-on node markers from bass strings?  This week we had a
visiting contemporary group (Luna Nova) who left us with 30 some painted
markings all over a nice new set of Arledge bass strings. I had checked the
piano after rehearsal and it was on then, so clearly this happened after the
end of the day and I was gone.   I'm not as concerned about the plain wire,
but not sure what to do for the bass.  Normally we have a designated piano
that should be used for this kind of thing but this event happened out of my
control, and I thought they would use nothing more than maybe some chalk.
I'm guessing it is probably a white liquid paper solution.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis Johnson