[CAUT] harpsichord questions

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Wed Feb 17 08:58:21 MST 2010

It's my understanding that most shops use a gauge to standardize the wrap
length.  The one I have was copied from a model that Bill Garlick passed
around years ago at a convention, which in turn was copied directly from one
in William Dowd's shop decades before.  I'm trying not to loose that one.
In my opinion the important thing is to find a measure that works and looks
good, then copy it as best you can, noting that length of wire for the
tuning pin increases as diameter decreases.

Dennis Johnson