[CAUT] harpsichord questions

D Marie Jones sustainablefutures at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 02:00:17 MST 2010

Hi everyone,
I've never installed new strings on a harpsichord & have a few questions. . .if anyone could either explain the below or direct me to a resource(s), that would be most appreciated:
1.  What is the standard amount of string you leave beyond the pin to end up with the perfect amount of wraps?
2.  Is the process for stringing a harpsichord the same as a piano?  Or are there hidden tricks that would be helpful to know in advance?
3.  What is the best source for harpsichord string?
thank you-----D

D Marie Jones, RPTKalamazoo College 269-383-0620 269-806-4067 (cell)