[CAUT] Birkett videos online

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Feb 11 22:03:11 MST 2010

You can change your browser's preferences. I use Firefox, and for it,
you look in preferences under "applications" and find the one for
an .avi file. What I did was to change the setting from Quicktime to
"Save file." (When you click on .avi file, a drop down menu appears,
and "save file" is an option). Then the file is automatically
downloaded to the downloads folder, and you can open it from there
using MPlayer. For Safari, I'm not sure how to get around the
Quicktime default. I don't see a similar thing to do.
Fred
On Feb 11, 2010, at 8:42 PM, rwest1 at unl.edu wrote:

> I have an iBook G4 so I downloaded the MPlayer software but the
> pictures and the software aren't finding each other.  If I click on
> the picture, the default tries to run QuickTime.  I copied the url
> into the new MPlayer software, but that didn't work either. Do I
> have to change some settings to avoid the QuickTime default?  How
> can I get this to work?
>
> Richard West
>

> On Feb 11, 2010, at 6:07 PM, Mccoy, Alan wrote:
>
>> If you are using a Mac, it is because the videos won’t work in
>> Quicktime. Get Mplayer as he suggests on the web page.
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerosx/files/MPlayer%20OS%20X/MPlayerOSX2b8r5FORTIGERONLY/MplayerOSXB8r5.zip/download
>>
>> Alan
>>

>> From: David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>
>> >
>> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:34:22 -0800