[CAUT] students productivity

Mccoy, Alan amccoy at ewu.edu
Thu Feb 11 17:02:46 MST 2010

Paul,

You might encourage note-taking if create a form for each of the students, which you then print off and give to them. The form is an outline of topics you plan on covering for each session. You make the form so that there is room for their notes under each topic. It can keep you on topic as well as them. Also when you do a recap for the quiz (you do want to build in redundancy, right?) you can use the form as a guide for the review. If they see nothing on their form for a topic, they may take the cue that they should ask a question or two. Their homework for each class is to fill out the form based on what they learned that day. Again, redundancy is an important part of the learning process. And them putting ideas and practices into their own language is critical to learning as well. Having such a form will probably make it easier for you to keep track of each section of the class.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
amccoy at ewu.edu