[CAUT] students productivity

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Feb 11 16:01:22 MST 2010

Hi all,
I have 6 students this semester which I was able to "split" into to
classes of three each two times/week. I have no real way to teach 6 at
once as I am not a lecturer, but a hands-on teaching kind of guy, the shop
is small, can't keep 2 eyes on 12 eyes and hands etc.

This sounded good at first, but now teaching everything twice, it's
becoming a pain; and it's hard to think of what each class has learned.
I'm trying to arrange it to teach the same thing each time. but I forget
"little" things for each of them that might be on their quizzes. March 4
is quiz #2 over regulation processes/downbearning vs. upbearing,
agraffes/aliquotes/capo, etc....but who did I tell things to? Many of my
quiz tests are from vocal instruction.  None of them ever take notes!! Nor
have they ever!!

The question is that I am having trouble with is that I think I am getting
4 man-hours of work from each class, but sadly, I'm getting about 1/2
man-hour per 1 hour class.  I guess this is a backfire.  I can re-bush a
half a set of front rail bushings in the time it takes them to do a dozen.

At least they are learning something in the process.  I'm sorry I split
this class in half!!  Anyone else do this?

Best,
Paul