[CAUT] Birkett videos online

McNeilTom at aol.com McNeilTom at aol.com
Thu Feb 11 14:20:57 MST 2010

Seems to me like there is some phase shifting going on in both of these
videos (at the damper, and at the bridge).  I would expect that the  unison is
quite well in tune, but that the three strings are energized slightly
differently (hammer mating?) and/or that complex acoustic coupling at the bridge
 is causing the motions of the strings to change over time.

As I figure it, these  videos cover something like a half second in  real
time, stretched out to 3.5 or 4 minutes of video.  More or less 500:1  slow
motion effect.  Pretty neat!  Thank you, Stephen!!

~  Tom McNeil  ~
Vermont Piano Restorations

In a message dated 2/11/2010 3:30:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,