[CAUT] Thank you for Stability advice

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Feb 9 15:04:48 MST 2010

Hey, I agree entirely. My purpose in writing what I did was to try to
bridge the gap (no pun intended) between those who seat and those who
don't, by acknowledging that seating does have a sonic effect. People
started doing it because it did something perceptible, more often
positive than negative. At least in the short term. If you say
something implying it's the same as doing nothing (fiddling around a
bit until the customer thinks you did something, or the like), we end
up talking at cross purposes. The seaters continue to say that, "yes
indeedy, it does have an effect. That other guy must not have actually
tried it." And so actual communication doesn't take place.
Regards,
Fred