[CAUT] Advice for achieving stability sooner?

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue Feb 9 09:15:49 MST 2010

Hi-

I would only add one trick I read again recently in Steve Brady's new book.
That of quickly pulling one pin/note without listening through the treble
when it's significantly flat.  I just starting doing that again myself this
year with very good results.  I turn the middle pin only the smallest
possible increment without listening,  then go back and start tuning.  I
haven't done this with the pitch raising function, but Steve is right.  This
pre-tension really does help stabilize the bridge.

cheers,

Dennis  Johnson