[CAUT] Advice for achieving stability sooner?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Feb 8 12:01:53 MST 2010

Thanks Ron,

The "need" to continually smash, um, "seat" the string at the bridge still seems to common practice though. I will save post in my "Ron Nossaman's Complete Guide for Technicians" file. <G>

One thing that readers might not remember is that you drill the hole deeper than the bridge pin so that it won't bottom out and rebound upward upon a RH change, and the laminated bridge caps you use. Since doing this my pianos have had WAY less false beats. All the "little stuff" adds up to a big deal.

Jim

<<<Sounds reasonable to me. I typically use a string hook (or
whatever of several prying contraptions I've made through the
years) at the bridges, pulling more or less perpendicular to
the pin.>>

  Ron N