[CAUT] Thank you for Stability advice

rwest1 at unl.edu rwest1 at unl.edu
Mon Feb 8 10:15:30 MST 2010

I haven't heard anyone mention tightening plate screws.  That can
help with tuning stability.  Issac Sadigursky used to advocate taping
down coils on the tuning pins and squeezing beckets to be sure they
are secure in the tuning pin hole.  The becket squeezing is obvious.
Taping down the coils supposedly made the coils tighter which would
make them more secure and enhance stability.  I've tried all the
above  on an irregular basis and found stability did improve.

Richard West