[CAUT] Thank you for Stability advice

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Feb 8 09:58:28 MST 2010

>The placebo effect is very real.
>

>David Love

If a treble note sounds false after repeated tuning, I
turn around a felt muting wedge and give the wire a few
smart whacks with the thick end, a couple inches in
front of the bridge.

Perhaps it's the placebo effect at work, but sometimes I
imagine I can hear a difference. I think that the main
benefits of the procedure are the release of frustration
and the fact that I'm not taking a hard tool to the wire
and deepening the string groove on the bridge top.

Susan Kline