[CAUT] Advice for achieving stability sooner?

James Patrick Draine draine at me.com
Sun Feb 7 08:17:33 MST 2010

On Feb 7, 2010, at 2:52 AM, Diane Hofstetter wrote:

> If anyone can give me advice for making the job less back-breaking and higher quality, I will be very grateful!
>
> Diane Hofstetter

Less back-beaking (also less stress on wrist, elbow, and shoulder muscles tendons & joints): Reyburn CyberHammer. Fujan is also very nice for stiffness, light weight, and (depending on the length of tube you order) leverage. Ambidextrous tuning helps a lot too.
A good pitch raise program on your favorite ETD.
Never bid low for institutional work (well, do what you want to do, but this is what works for me).
Use manufacturers' own boilerplate regarding recommended tuning frequency for newer (and stabilized) pianos. And D-C literature for the full Piano Life Saver System if your RH ever goes below 42%. Send this information to the appropriate administrators as well as the music staff you interface with (or who otherwise benefit from use of the pianos).

Patrick Draine