[CAUT] Artist Benches

Adkins, Richard radkins at coe.edu
Fri Feb 5 13:49:47 MST 2010

I believe Schaff benches are "Poschel" benches and
yes, they do wobble and are NOT the same mechanism
as Jensen benches supplied by Pianotek or from
Jensen themselve.

I'm not sure about other brands.

The Petit Artist bench we bought was a Jensen, not
from Schaff. It has the same mechanism as
the full size artist bench and does not wobble
ala Poschel...but there is a small amount of play
to allow it to "move".

I don't know about the other brands mentioned.

Get some extra parts for the Jensen to have on
hand, as invariably something will come loose
when you least expect it (ask me!)...

Cheers,
Richard Adkins
Coe College