[CAUT] Mitutoyo gauge

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Dec 21 21:23:12 MST 2010

On 12/21/2010 9:51 PM, Jim Busby wrote:
> Ron,
>
> I shoulda known you'd have something like this!<G>

Luck of the draw. If I hadn't randomly blundered into it for the $10 or
whatever I paid for the thing, I most likely still wouldn't have one.

> To me this whole thing was precipitated by the "debate" as to whether
> firmer front rail punchings make for "better" regulation. My silly
> test simply confirmed what I thought; that there really is a
> difference in the compressibility of punchings.

For which your test was quite adequate and informative. The durometer
just puts a slightly more calibrated number to the comparison, but
otherwise doesn't change a thing. Splitting a hair doesn't make for
twice the foliage.

>I've actually learned
> a bit from it. As usual though, at the end I've got more questions
> than answers.

As usual, me too.

> Regards, Jim
>
> p.s. Was this thread original? (or #47)

How many points is not remembering worth?
Ron N