[CAUT] Crescendo punchings was RE: aftertouch

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Wed Dec 15 09:40:05 MST 2010

On 2010-12-14, Kent Swafford wrote:

> Weird indeed. I have removed all of the sets I have installed, to the immediate relief of all the pianists involved.
> Kent

Kent has just forwarded me an invoice of a purchase of Crescendos from me.  I stand corrected - I did ship him some.  Those old files are on a retired computer, as that sale was over 5-1/2 years ago!

Anyone reading his post (including me!) misses out on this crucial information.

That was the first generation of Crescendos, the felt recipe was tweaked a few times in the early years.

As well, it would have been more correct to use the word "both" instead of "all" in his  post, as there were only two sets shipped.  The post implies more widespread and recent testing.  A more fair and accurate wording might have been "My experience, based on the two sets I installed five years ago was...."

I am not saying that Crescendo punchings are the only way to go in every single situation,  but Kent's across-the-board rejection is very singular, not only as postings to the list show, but in feedback from buyers and users to me as well.  (Never mind the sales figures)

I stand behind every product I sell, and if something simply does not work for someone, I am happy to take it back.  Simply let me know, within a reasonable time frame of course.  In this case, I might even consider extending that time offer...  ;^)

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440