[CAUT] Fortepiano for University

Laurence Libin lelibin at optonline.net
Fri Aug 27 22:58:02 MDT 2010

Phil Belt is getting elderly and has slowed down but made some lovely pianos in the '80s and earlier. If you can go oveseas for a copy, consider Paul McNulty (American working in Czech Republic), probably less expensive and faster than Poletti. A Belgian maker, Chris Maene, has produced a few marvelous copies of the c. 1835 oldest known Steinway; Steinway in London has one.
Malcolm Bilson has retired from Cornell but the music dept. there can put you in touch with him.
Laurence