[CAUT] Installing New Let-Off Buttons

Shawn Hansen kayceemusic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 17:44:14 MDT 2010

I had some issues with this recently as well.

I ended up removing a screw from the rail and vice-gripping the eyelet and
then, by hand, pre-thread each one on this removed screw.  I had much better
control with having it off the rail and being able to gently turn both the
screw and the button.  Then I put them each onto their own screw on the
rail.  I also found that some of the buttons I had, had holes with a trace
of glue in them.  These I had to drill out to get it to thread at all.

Unless there is terrible damage to the buttons, I prefer to remove the felt
with a knife and a little wall paper remover if needed and then glue on a
new set of fresh felt.

Shawn

--
Shawn Hansen RPT