[CAUT] Steinway damper felt

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Mon Aug 16 16:01:33 MDT 2010

Hi Paul.

Thanks, and all the above.  Only a few wires didn't need complete travel
adjustments and I'm cutting off bad felt as I go.  Some are replaced, others
just flipped around.  I only move unison wires sideways if I can visually
confirm an inconsistent gap.  It's almost done now.  I guess my venting was
more about these little problems that add up to more hours than we have
available to fix them.  This piano isn't even the one I'm worried about. It
will get done, but there's another one waiting and now it's time to start
tuning. The Yamaha lease program was cut so these rebuilds are needed asap.

thanks,

Dennis.