[CAUT] Sostenuto Trap Lever Repair

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Aug 11 09:40:41 MDT 2010

On Aug 11, 2010, at 9:12 AM, Fred Sturm wrote:

> Pull it tight, and it will clamp the wood, and the strength of all
> those windings together will be plenty to hold while the glue sets.

	It occurs to me this wording could be interpreted as wind loosely,
then pull tight. Each winding should and must be pulled tight, with
tension maintained throughout the winding procedure, for it to work
well. This is also good for split hammershanks and lots of other
applications.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu