[CAUT] soundboard "stress test"

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Tue Apr 20 11:53:01 MDT 2010

David and Bill,

Thanks very much for thinking about this and taking the time to
respond - good points all. Yes, I agree the bubbles and soot aren't
important, except as visual clues to what may have actually occurred.
Obviously we can scrape, sand and refinish the board. And probably if
the piano wasn't insured and money was an issue we might well elect
to retain it. If it were my piano I think I'd keep it, expecially
considering the age of the piano. But I think that given the
uncertainties involved, and the fact that the piano is insured, it
makes sense to replace the board.

Best regards,

Allen Wright