[CAUT] using an ETD

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Apr 18 10:22:40 MDT 2010

>Now wait a minute...prefab?   I don't think we are going to be able
>to save Susan unless we ring her doorbell with boxes in hand...suit
>and tie.   Ah...Susan, what's your address?
>
>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA  94044

<grin> No doubt you'd look very spiffy, and I would not. <grin>

The day when I might have been convinced by an ETD demonstration is
about twenty-five years in the past, for good or ill. And my
impression is that the machines/programs available that long ago were
nowhere near as good as the ones now.

Remains the question, is high-volume work compatible with my present
age, physical condition, and value system --- and it is not, both
through necessity and by desire. It's perhaps ironic that my concert
experience and expertise continues to grow more or less through its
own momentum, when I would have given my eye teeth to be getting it
earlier in my career, without the opportunity. I enjoy the concert
work, consider it very important, and see no one else both fit and
eager to take it over, at least in my area. The best I can do for my
local musical community is to encourage "ordinary" tuning to diminish
in volume so I can free up time for rest and recuperation. I hope by
doing this to keep on tuning concerts for many years to come, or
until someone has turned up whom I feel can do the work better than I
can. (I'm a tough sell on that front <BIG GRIN>.)

It's been a fun thread.

Susan Kline, (b. 1946, like so many other people were)