[CAUT] using as ETD

Dan Rembold d_rembold at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 08:47:07 MDT 2010

Hello all, enjoying the discussion.

I have a couple of questions regarding the comment from Ed below about the "constant 14 cent beating, everywhere, that triads in ET create."

I know I should already know how to do this, but how do you calculate the composite beating of a triad?  Also, I would assume that Ed is referring to the 12 major triads within an octave, so is the method of calculation different for non-major triads?

Am I correct in thinking that an ETD can be used to calculate the exact pitches of the notes in a triad, and then the beat rate for that triad determined from those numbers?

Thanks,

Dan Rembold
Auburn University

Regarding your comment below  about