[CAUT] Benches

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Fri Oct 23 15:24:41 MDT 2009

We just keep diligent watch. Artist benches with all the S&S and standard benches with the Bostons.
No benches lost (yet) just misplaced,and then repatriated into the appropriate rooms.  I am planning on putting security tags (Property of...) on the benches so if anybody ever permanently borrows the bench they will know where it really belongs. Simply just because there is no proof as to who owns them.
A larger problem is with music stands and chairs.  Arrrrgh!  This year we labeled each stand with the practice room number but the dear Profs. still relocate them throughout the bulding including their studios.  The larger ensemble rooms we set the room up the way we wanted it to be staged, took photos, printed and laminated them and posted them on the walls near the light switches.  Stating This is what the room should look like when you leave.

I also made up a How To poster for the Hamburg Castered pianos to avoid improper use and potential cabinetry damage.  So far so good.

Regards,
Gerry Cousins
WCUPA