[CAUT] Bechstein model B tuning stability

Geoffrey Pollard g.pollard at usyd.edu.au
Sat Oct 17 04:13:19 MDT 2009

Thanks Paul and Allan for your replies,

Paul,
I believe that the Bechstein production has been extensively re-jigged and standards have improved since German reunification; my problem is with the current units. I am very happy with tonality and staff are also generally content with the pianos we have. Just wish they'd stay in tune!

Allan,
I will also be talking to the Bechstein distributors in Australia and Carl Schultze in Germany shortly about this. This post was just a "shot in the dark", as I understand that Bechsteins are well represented in the States. Thanks for passing this information on to Werner.

I am a long time subscriber to the CAUT list and greatly value the contributions and (mostly) practical focus.

Regards,
Geoffrey