[CAUT] Benches

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Oct 2 08:28:21 MDT 2009

The chains have worked well.  One professor who has an extra tall artist bench had his moved out a couple of times so he asked me to chain his to his piano.  He’s had no further problems!

I visited down at Baylor 20+ years ago back when Danny Boone was there.  He had all the practice room benches chained to the pianos.  That’s where I got the idea.

I have just ordered a really nice (and expensive) artist bench from Jansen for our larger recital hall.  This bench is a gas tube adjustable bench but looks like the traditional crank benches.  Jansen doesn’t even have them in their catalog though they have been available quite a while.  I fear that this bench will move around a lot too.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu