[CAUT] Anodized aluminum pins and capstans

Joe Wiencek jwpiano at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 30 22:03:28 MST 2009

David,
I find myself feeling excited about the info you've been gathering.
Particularly the part about felt not needing any type of lubricating.
I understand how well microfine teflon powder is for lubricating
purposes, but it has been bothering my mind that I have not seen any
discussion on our lists about potential health hazards regarding this
product.  Turning any substance into a fine powder that can be inhaled
and settled in the lungs, where it it is difficult to remove is
troublesome indeed,  and considering the motivation of the powerful
producers to keep any hazards quiet is always nagging me when I want
to reach for the fastest friction releasing agent.  I do hope that
your findings will prove positive into the near and relevant future.

Sincerely,

Joe Wiencek
NYU