[CAUT] historic temp thoughts

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Nov 30 21:57:20 MST 2009

I believe it's not possible to make a equally tempered fretted instrument.
I say that because even the best acoustic/classical guitars made require
slight adjustments to the tuning for different keys.  The quality of the
intervals, especially thirds and sixths, simply don't quite remain the same
as you change keys and most guitarists will make tuning adjustments
depending on the key to compensate.  I can't  offer the scientific
explanation at this point.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com