[CAUT] Boston changed to dealers techs mfgrs and other such

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Nov 21 19:39:25 MST 2009

Jeannie,

 I like your "just brainstorming"!  It seems with the changes in the economy it is becoming essential that the different parts of the piano industry find a way to work together and support each other. Someone said on one of these lists that one of the manufacturers lost 300 dealerships this year.  That adds up to LOTS of pianos not sold, and even more tunings that don't need to be done over the coming years. And, that's only one manufacturer.

Diane Hofstetter

Jeannie said:
  In fact, I had
to turn down one of the Steinway sessions one year because I couldn't afford
it.  I think it would be a mistake to make it so pricey that even less
people could attend.

Manufacturer's classes at Conventions and Regional Conferences can be
documented.  Paying a small fee and pre-registering for such a class, or
series of classes might be doable for many.  In the past I've been willing
to pay $50 or $60 for a special class and might even consider paying more if
it would save me the hotel and airfare of going to another facility.
Attendees could be given some sort of certificate to attest to the fact that
they were there.  Instructors could actually give feedback as to whether the
student was on the right track or needed some additional training.  This
certificate could be requested by dealers if the manufacturers expected them
to use such accredited technicians.

Just brain storming...
jeannie

Diane Hofstetter