[CAUT] Servicing guide rail bushings

Cramer, Mark Cramer at BrandonU.CA
Sat Nov 21 16:33:16 MST 2009

Stan,

did you replace the damper action? If it's still teflon, any damaged underlever bushings will jiggle around and cause symptoms similar to what you describe, regardless of the condition of the bushing cloth.

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Sturm <fssturm at unm.edu>
To: caut at ptg.org
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:25:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Servicing guide rail bushings

On Nov 21, 2009, at 2:47 PM, dew2 at u.washington.edu wrote:

> I find great advantage to wetting them all, after seating, with
> McLube, then seating them again after drying.

	And a quick way to lubricate an existing system is, with action out
of cavity, press the pedal down and run a paint brush loaded with
prolube along the wires above the guiderail. The lubricant will go
into the felt as well as coat the wires. I think it is a good idea
always to have lubricant in the guiderail bushing system.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu