[CAUT] A440, once again...

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 10 14:20:43 MST 2009

I'm telling you, its the Emperor's New Clothes syndrome. Some people use things like this to assert a sense of superiority over other people. They can't hear the difference any more than the people they're trying to impress with their "genius". I was asked to tune 441 for a performance the other day. I cannot possibly imagine what the advantage would be for 4 cents in a chamber group other than that they just want to make somebody think they know something everybody else doesn't. I happened to find the piano sitting right at 441 after it hadn't been tuned in several months, so I touched it up.
Tanner