[CAUT] microtonal tuning?

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 9 14:58:11 MST 2009

I vote for the practice room pianos.

br
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Minor" <jminor at illinois.edu>
To: caut at ptg.org
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2009 3:17:41 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [CAUT] microtonal tuning?

I have been asked to tune a 19-tET(tone equal temperament) for a new
composition in a few weeks. It will require 2 pianos to be tuned as follows:

Any theories on long term effects from this tuning on a decent piano?
I'm considering using practice room pianos due to the "uncertain" long
term ramifications of tuning +31 and +42 cents sharp on some unisons.
Any comments?

Here's a we site dedicated to non 12 tone eq:

http://www.untwelve.org/

John Minor
University of Illinois

TUNING DEVIATION FROM EQUAL IN CENTS