[CAUT] Upcoming artists...

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Jun 25 15:59:00 MDT 2009

Thanks, Ed.

George's instructions sound like what might be similar to Chic Corea's
visit 2  years ago. His tech from LA gave me an 8 page list of what he
likes, and the piano wasn't close to that.  It took a couple of days to
get those specs right on!!  Of course, I was newer here, sooo nervous and
probably spent more time than was needed.  He liked the piano!!  Anyway...
 I hope it's not a total re-contruction of the regulation that's already
there!  It's really in good shape having gone to the Piano People for a
huge rebuild this summer!!

We'll see about malcolm...He's been here before and from what I gather..
is a great guy to work with and really knows how to work with a
forte....but ya never know!!

Thanks again
Paul

"Ed  Sutton" <ed440 at mindspring.com>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
06/25/2009 04:49 PM
Please respond to
Ed  Sutton <ed440 at mindspring.com>; Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

<caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Upcoming artists...

George Winston is pleasant to work with. The 5 page instructions to the
tuner seem overwhelming until you read them. He just wants a tuned,
regulated piano. He will explain his system for marking unisons he wants
touched. Most of his pieces end with a very slow pedal release, so check
for late and oinking dampers.

A friend of mine knows Malcolm rather well. He will probably want to touch
up the regulation on the fortepiano to suit his needs. He has produced a
DVD on fortepiano regulation. I would suggest contacting him in advance
and getting a copy.

Ed S.