[CAUT] CAUT Certification: How many with a shop at a University or College do Bellywork?

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Jun 23 09:21:21 MDT 2009

I feel I must put a couple words in here, so that Mr. Sloane's query isn't
ignored out of hand.

This question has come up in my chapter as well.  We worry a bit about the
CAUT cert. being divisive.  There is a feeling that it COULD serve to
further separate "field" technicians from their CAUT brethren.  That
division is certainly already there in greater and lesser degrees, depending
upon the technicians, and I worry that this may just drive another small
wedge between these two groups of techs.  I understand that is not the
intention, but many times, the impact of something is far greater, or
different, than it's intent.

William R. Monroe