[CAUT] Morality and Piano Technology; was RE: Tuning--again

Sloane, Benjamin (sloaneba) sloaneba at ucmail.uc.edu
Mon Jun 22 13:48:35 MDT 2009

    Hello again my positivist colleagues,
   Are you aware that Auguste Comte called "Positivism," the "Religion of Humanity."? Do you realize, as Comte defined it, the French founder of Positivism, that the effort to declare theology an anachronism is just another effort to force your, ad hoc, religion of scientism on other people?
   I could count, but my posts are too forgetful to bother. I would estimate at most 5% of my posts included theological concepts. One was apropos to questions about the relationship between morality and piano technology, the other was simply a response to a replication. Other than that, no theology was involved. Don't turn me into a martyr, that will only embolden me.
   Mz. Grassi, perhaps you would be more open to spiritual concepts if you read some Mary Daly.
http://www.marydaly.net/
   Though she frequently changes her image, for this I would recommend, "Gyn/Ecology; The Metaethics of Radical Feminism."
   Keep your positivistic religious ideals to yourself.
    - Ben