[CAUT] Caut Certification (was Re: Steinway or Forgery? now CAUT Certification

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu Jun 18 10:30:19 MDT 2009

Ed,

Actually there is a provision in the proposal which will enable "old timers" like ourselves to take the exams without having to take the academy sessions so if you wanted to get your diploma I'm sure it wouldn't require much effort on your part. The certification really isn't aimed at people who have already put in the years, gained the knowledge, and improved their income and position as much as possible. It is aimed at the technicians who are just starting out or the ones who are in positions that really need to be improved. If a part-time position can be transitioned into full-time or if a salary is improved or a better position acquired, the expense will be a good investment over the long run. You and your valuable skills are just what we want to be able to impart to others who could really benefit from them. What if you were able to take instruction on historic temperaments from an Ed Foote 25 years ago? And experts in other capacities? Instructors for the various segments will be chosen for their proven expertise in their given subjects and will be vetted by the CAUT Committee and the Board.

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Director of Piano Services
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of A440A at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:52 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Caut Certification (was Re: Steinway or Forgery? now CAUT Certification

Fred writes:
<< In any case, the proposal is based on a series of four intensive
training sessions, each to be three days in length, under the name
"CAUT Academy."  >>

      I will have to be convinced that 12 days of training, ($4,800 worth
of time) can be recovered by having the "diploma".   And who is going to
determine the qualifications for those that will be teaching these training
sessions?

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal
Everyday!