[CAUT] What a joke!!

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jun 16 16:09:22 MDT 2009

Hi All,

UNL sponsers this Jazz in June thing every Tuesday,(in june of course).
The rental piano arrives at 4:30 right?  It came from it's cozy little
inside the piano store place into 89 degrees with 75% humidity in direct
sunlight.  I have exactly 35 minutes to tune it.  I have now decided that
this is impossible task!!  Even brushing up unisons was a joke.  By the
time I got an octave higher, those below were out.  The bass, especially
around the break went out AS I was trying to bring in a unison on this
usually nice Yamaha C-3 which I've tuned many other times in a controlled
enviornment.

I just tried to look "busy" for the time and then said "call it a day" you
get what you get, (to myself of course!)  At least my budget gets $80 and
my tan in a bit improved!!

These types of events should just use an electronic keyboard!  What a
joke!!

Paul