[CAUT] String Coupling / SB and Bridge stiffness...and maybePure Sound

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 14 13:27:46 MDT 2009

Fred-

This is an interesting comment, and brings us back to my comment that a
significant part of the effect of Kent's tuning with the Tunic program may
be due to the use of the program to tune unisons, one string at a time. Not
to mention that Kent does a preparatory tuning that would probably pass for
a tuning in many situations.

Incidentally, though I heard the Tunic/Hailun as sounding very "clear," I
also felt it sounded a bit "cold," and wished we could have had time to
voice it more fully. Or was it the effect of the unisons?

Ed S.