[CAUT] Getting lacquer out of hammers - follow up

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Jun 13 17:19:35 MDT 2009

I'm getting the feeling reading some of the back and forths here that
perhaps some of the participants are operating with a variant conceptual
basis for what is a "rock hard" hammer and what isn't.  I suppose its
hard to quantify in words... but I do know one pianist here that likes
what I would call stones for hammers, and in her book pianissimo is a
very lightly played low volume variant of glass hitting the strings. The
only difference between ppp and fff is volume for her.  There is no
color dynamics that I can pick up on.

Perhaps there isnt quite that extreme a divergence of basic
conceptualization here but to what degree there is a difference it may
impact the discussion.

Cheers
RicB