[CAUT] Getting lacquer out of hammers - follow up

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Jun 12 18:44:15 MDT 2009

Hi Ron,
	It's based on an uncut set of hammers. I had the same thoughts. I'm
not sure how they came up with the time, but it does take at least
somewhat longer than individual hammers, as none wanders around and
goes in the "end grain." Kind of like how wood acts in absorbing
liquid. They are probably overdoing it to be sure. Or maybe someone
cut a set open at intervals, and determined what the safety range
would be.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico