[CAUT] String Coupling / SB and Bridge stiffness

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jun 11 10:12:21 MDT 2009

Ok... sounds agreeable enough. But in principle does the, I suppose
hypothesis is the word, does this sound reasonable ?

Cheers
RicB

    To answer your question you will have to take measurements. That
    will require a method that can be repeated with enough precision to
    give useful information. The bridge movement will vary depending on
    the energy inputs from the strings, so the input must be controlled,
    as well as the time of measurement. Labs would most likely use an
    electromagnetic drive to move the strings.

    There are many variables at work, including our need to believe we
    know what we are doing. I have proved this many times.

    Ed S.